What better way to celebrate your summer in the sun, than by sipping on a lovely, refreshing rosé wine?
Thankfully the Princeton Corkscrew Wine Shop has just introduced their new and decadent Six-pack Sampler of Rosé!
We caught up with Wine Educator, Carl Rohrbach of the Corkscrew and learned why he’s so excited about this summer treat.
“Its versatility, value and overall quality.”
With a diploma in Wine & Spirits (DWS) from the Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET), Carl’s main focus at the Corkscrew
is to conduct weekly staff trainings and tastings, while also creating the content for the website.
“This sampler is a great representation of the wide range of styles, grapes and geographic locations rosé is made in.”
Carl also mentions, “Laurent Chapuis (the owner of the shop) has been a champion of rosé since he first opened the
Princeton Corkscrew over 20 years ago, and this sampler is one of his favorite collections of the year!”
Introducing the Summer of Rosé Six-pack Sampler:
1. 2017 Domaine Saint Antonin – “Les Jardins” Rosé
- Notes: fresh and aromatic with scents of white peach, apricot and tangerine.
- Pairings: heartier seafood, like salmon, swordfish or tuna.
2. 2017 Olivier & Lafont – Côtes de Provence Rosé
- Notes: light raspberry, white peach and apricot fruits. This dry rosé is light and vibrant on the palate, with fresh-picked strawberry flavors balanced with persistent minerality and a light acidity.
- Pairings: fresh summer salads or anything you grill up at your backyard BBQ’s.
3. 2017 Domaine Vetriccie – Corse Rosé
- Notes: aromas of red berries, melon and pomegranate. Delicate, fresh fruit flavors. Balanced, representing a mix of fine minerality and elegant acidity.
- Pairings: a refreshing match for a day out in the sun. Whether you’re tanning by the pool, lounging on your deck after work or putting the ball around the golf course, the Vetriccie is the go-to!
4. 2017 Château Roustan – Rosé
- Notes: aromas of strawberry and cherry, bringing our white pepper and flowers scents with a subtle herbal note. Light and easy to drink with a refreshing acidity and flavors of sour cherry.
- Pairings: bruschetta, mixed olives and prosciutto. Perfect for a picnic out on the lawn!
5. 2017 Château Val d’Arenc – Bandol Rosé
- Notes: soft flavors of strawberry and white peach.
- Pairings: pizza! We know, amazing! This rosé is extremely versatile, but is just as delicious on its own too.
6. 2017 Cantine Vincenzo Ippolito – Mabilia Rosé
- Notes: floral aromas of violets, roses and cherries leap from the glass.
- Pairings: enjoy with spicy calamari served with tomatoes, caperberries and pine nuts.
Make sure to pick up this case at the Princeton Corkscrew and relish in all its deliciousness with friends and family this summer! Drink chilled in a white wine glass.
Learn more about the sampler click HERE!