Small businesses on Palmer Square have found meaningful and profound ways to give back during the COVID-19 outbreak. With the help and support of local partners, foundations and generous strangers, these businesses are making significant and purposeful impacts throughout the community. Below, learn how you too can lend a hand in supporting your favorite small businesses and the greater Princeton area at the same time! It is through the power of support that will get this community through.
Palmer Square Giveback Campaigns
- At the bent spoon, 100% of all ‘Shelter In Pint’ sticker sales will go to the James Beard Relief Fund to aid in providing critical financial assistance to small, independent restaurants. When placing your ice cream order online for curbside pickup, add this $5 sticker to your cart to support a good cause.
*Purchase your pints and stickers*
- Highbar Boutique has teamed up with Princeton Soup & Sandwich Company to provide delicious boxed lunches for local medical professionals on the front lines. Every $50 gift card purchase will send one meal to a COVID hero. Additionally, Highbar would like to host a shopping event for your organization. Here’s how it works: you will get a specific day to shop all items on their website and an organization code to enter at checkout. All shipping will be free and your organization will receive a percentage of the sales.
*Support the Front Line or for more fundraising information text Jill W at 908-337-3737*
- With the generosity of the Princeton Public Schools, local librarians and wonderful donors, jaZams has been able to provide books and outdoor toys to more than 100 children on the Free and Reduced Price lunch program in town. To build on this growing program jaZams has introduced the ‘5for5 Discount’ initiative. For each purchase made on their website enter ‘5for5’ at checkout to receive 5% OFF your total order and jaZams will match the discounted amount with a donation to the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK).
*The 5for5 Discount*
- Lace Silhouettes Lingerie has donated 800 Wish Wraps to front line staff at Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center. This donation is just a small part of a larger initiative called #OperationThankYouWishWrap wherein 7,000 wraps will be distributed among hospital support teams in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Karen Thompson, t(he founder of mywishwrap.com) and Lace Silhouettes are also responsible for gifting Wish Wraps to St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, Doylestown Hospital, Penn Presbyterian in Philadelphia, Cape May Regional Hospital and more!
*For more information visit mywishwrap.com or call Lace Silhouettes in Princeton at 609-688-8823*
- The Nassau Inn Hotel is offering complimentary guest room stays to thank healthcare heroes working at Penn Medicine Princeton Health. The Nassau Inn is committed to providing a safe and comfortable space for those in the community who are afraid of putting their families and loved ones at risk. All Princeton Health staff looking to reserve a room must do so through the hospital.
Press: Nassau Inn Offers Free Rooms For Princeton Hospital Workers, Nassau Inn, Other Hotels Provide Free Rooms For First Responders
- Playa Bowls Princeton has set up a donation fund to feed local first responders. All donations will go towards the making and delivering of fresh acai bowls and smoothies to keep workers strong and healthy while they’re on-the-go. Drop-offs have already started and have been putting smiles on so many faces! More donated deliveries will be made in the coming weeks.
*Support Local Heroes in Princeton*
- A donation fund set up by Princeton Soup & Sandwich Co. has already sent hundreds of meals to local medical professionals working at Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center, Capital Health Respiratory Care Department and the Princeton Police Department. Each contribution goes directly into making bagged lunches that include a signature sandwich, house side salad, fruit and chocolate chip cookie. Even Palmer Square neighbors, Lindt joined in the fun by add their chocolate bunnies to each bag donated during the holiday. As long as the support continues, Princeton Soup & Sandwich will deliver to the community’s finest.
*Critical Care Workers: Boxed Lunch Meals*
Press: 100 Meals, A Million Thank You’s; Princeton Soup And Sandwich Brings Meals To Hospital Workers, Sharing Compassion With A Stranger
- Rouge has launched a giving back campaign that supports both their local business and our healthcare heroes. For every online purchase of $150 or more, a luxurious black or white L’Agence Tee will be provided to a front line worker. This campaign is valid through 4/30.
*Giving Back With Rouge*
We are so proud of our Palmer Square businesses and thankful for all the outpouring love that is making bigger impacts than we know. In these uncertain times, we know one this that is for certain: through the power of support and togetherness, our community will only grow stronger.